Mars Hydro is a name which is heard more in forums than other grow light brands. The reason for this simple. These lights are not costly, especially the model-mars300. Initial cost, as well as maintenance cost, is less which increases its demand. And in spite of the low price, the quality delivered by this product is far ahead of its competitors which are costly.
A look at sites like organicfarmingblog.com will help you understand the importance of light in farming. Things are no different when it comes to indoor cultivation. Grow rooms need to be lighted rightly for proper plant growth. But most farmers would not be able to go for expensive lighting options. Here is where lights such as Mars 300 helps. Here is a detailed review of MarsHydro Mars300 LED Grow Light!
Features of MarsHydro 300 Watt LED Light
· Actual power draw is 132 Watt — Less power draw helps in saving electricity when compared to HID lighting
· The plugs and wiring are VDE and UL certified — This makes safe operation and easy maintenance
· The tube is heat resistant — prevents risk of fire
· Works on voltage ranging between 85V an 265V — suitable for almost all countries
· Operates at a frequency of 50/60 hertz
· Uses 1.33 amperes at 110 volts and 0.68 amps at 220 volts.
· Long lifespan of about 50,000 to 100,000 hours — works for almost 10 years without any bulb change
· Produces light which covers full-spectrum — makes them ideal for all stages of growth.
· Comes with a warranty of 1 year and a return policy of 30 days —Leaves you with no worries
This light consumes very less power and thus helps in saving electricity. You can reduce your electricity bill by over 50% by using Mars300 instead of HPS or halide bulbs. The heat output of this light is also very less. This is done with the help of an in-built fan which is large in diameter.
The coverage area of Mars300 is 1.5* 1.5 feet during flowering season and 2*2 feet during the vegetation time. If you have a single plant, then it is perfect. The Mars300 comes with blue, white and red diodes, thus it gives you a full-spectrum light which helps all stages of plant growth.
Mars300 light makes use of 5 watt LED chips for their operation. These chips are powerful and hence provides a deeper penetration compared to other fixtures which mostly make use of 3 watt chips. There are lenses covering each LED which further focuses the light to plants. This light ensures coverage area and intensity at the same time.
Safety features of Mars300 are excellent.
· Small in size- Hence, not the best option for a lot of plants
· The light is not dimmable
· Comes without switches. Unplugging is the only option to turn it off.
There are not many LED grow lights which come at the cost of the MarsHydro 300 and provide the same efficiency. If a low-cost light for a single plant or a supplementary light is what your requirement is, then Mars300 is the best for you!